HOTEL NEAR OLD TOWN SAN DIEGO
Free to visitors, Old Town San Diego is one of the city's true hidden jewels. Less than four miles from the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, Old Town offers guests a glimpse into the "birthplace" of California. As the first permanent Spanish settlement in California, Old Town teems with a lively, authentic atmosphere, boasting 17 museums and historical sites, including the Whaley House, which tops Travel Channel's America's Most Haunted List.
THINGS TO DO IN OLD TOWN
Old Town San Diego is a not-to-be-missed hot spot for tourists and locals alike offering quaint boutiques, mouth-watering restaurants, colorful art galleries, and festive theaters.
OLD TOWN TROLLEY TOURS
Old Town is also the main boarding station for the Old Town Trolley Tours, which offers an excellent sightseeing tour of San Diego. Getting to Old Town from the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley could not be easier. Old Town is only a short drive away, or hop on the trolley near the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley towards Old Town.
OLD TOWN IS FREE TO VISITORS
With no admission or entrance fees, Old Town San Diego is the perfect affordable San Diego attraction.
- Head east on Camino Del Rio South toward Glasoe Ln
- Take first left onto Mission Center Rd
- Turn right onto Camino Del Rio North
- Take ramp onto I-8 West
- Take the exit toward Taylor St/Hotel Circle
- Keep left at the fork and follow signs for I-8 East/Old Town State Park
- Follow signs for Morena Blvd/Taylor St and merge onto Taylor St
- Turn left onto Juan St
- Take first right onto Wallace St